If any, we will inventory all existing content, describe what new content is required, and define the organizational structure of the site. Once a content architecture has been sketched out, we will build prototypes. The purpose of prototyping is to test what it feels like to move around within the design: to test the site navigation and develop the user interface. The prototype gives input for the graphic design to develop relations between how the site looks and how the navigation interface supports the information design.
At the end of this step, you will have:
- Detailed site design specification
- Detailed description of site content
- Site maps, thumbnails, outlines, tables of contents
- User-tested wireframes and prototypes demonstrating site architecture
- Multiple graphic design and interface design sketches
- A schedule for implementing the site design and construction